Ancient Rome – Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill tour
Special access Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill Tour
Explore the heart of the Roman Empire through its ruins! There is so much more to Ancient Rome that you won’t find in the guide books. Discover the real Roman legacy with our Ancient Rome tour where you will have the opportunity to see and touch the Colosseum and the ruins of the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum.
- Skip the Line to Colosseum, Palatine Hill & Roman Forum
- Tours of all 3 sites
- Professional licensed tour guide
- 3 hours
The ColosseumYou will follow in the footsteps of the gladiators as you enter the Colosseum through the Gladiator’s Gate, which is also known as the Gate of Death, through which the corpses of defeated gladiators, executed criminals, and unfortunate wild animals would be dragged. You will then walk directly onto the partially reconstructed Colosseum arena floor. As your guide describes the bloody scenes that took place on this stage, you can see what remains of the senator’s seat and the emperor’s imperial box, from where he would signal the fate of the awaiting gladiators. Before leaving the arena, take a peek over the wooden railing to the exposed underground chambers. During any given battle, there would be a frenzy of activity taking place below the arena floor. To the surprise of the crowd, and to the horror of the gladiators, trap doors would open and wild animals would be released onto the stage.
Awe-inspiringSoak up the atmosphere of the awe-inspiring Roman Forum and Palatine Hill as you walk with your tour group through the remains of an ancient city that shows the great achievements of human civilization. Pay homage to the stunning Arch of Titus, the Arch of Constantine, and the House of Vestal Virgins through this guided tour. Visit the burial site of Julius Caesar and envision yourself as a plebeian; wondering what is to come for the majestic Roman empire. Join us for this incredible ancient Roman adventure that you will remember for a lifetime.Read More..
- Entrance tickets & all fees
- Priority skip the line entrance
- Professional licenced tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel drop off/pick up
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- The latest check-in is no later than 15 minutes before the tour start time.
- The tour runs rain or shine! Refunds will not be provided for no-shows or late arrivals.
- Skip-the-line and priority entrance refers to the ticket line only and not the security check line which everyone has to go through upon entering the Colosseum.
- There may be additional security checks and some delays due to new security measures in operation.
- Please be advised that the exact reservation times may vary slightly due to decisions made by the Colosseum administration office on or before the scheduled tour date. These last-minute changes are outside of our control but if the time will vary by 20 minutes either before or after your original tour time then we will contact you by email to inform you of this change.
- Entrance to the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum will be with the tour guide only, guests cannot leave the group and enter these areas alone as they will not have an individual ticket. For group reservations the Colosseum does not provide individual tickets but one group ticket which the guide will use for all three areas.
- The Palatine Hill and Roman Forum section of the tour runs at set times each day. It will not begin immediately after your Colosseum tour has finished as time is given for guests to explore the Colosseum for a while on their own. You will be informed of the exact time and meeting point for this part of the tour, it is usually, but not always, around 45 minutes after the end of your Colosseum tour.
- Only small bags will be allowed inside. Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols and liquids, even if less than 100ml (except for water).
- All children must be accompanied by an adult, children under 3 years of age are free.
- Please bring valid photographic ID as you will be asked to show this at the Colosseum’s entrance.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Bring a bottle of water (especially in hot weather).
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible.