Gladiator Entrance – Colosseum Arena Floor tour
Priority access one-hour Colosseum tour
No trip to Rome is complete without a tour of the magnificent Colosseum. Be sure that you skip the line and receive instant access to monument by taking one of the best Colosseum tours that Show Me Italy has to offer. Your comprehensive fast track Colosseum tour brings you right to the front line of ancient Rome.
- One-Hour Colosseum Guided Tour<
- Skip The Line Access
- Immerse yourself in Ancient Rome
- Professional licensed tour guide
Exclusive accessGain special access to this restricted area of the Colosseum and immerse yourself in a rich history that has left the world in awe for centuries. Skip the line and walk through the Gladiator’s Gate directly onto the arena floor. Be the first to witness an incredible feat of architecture right before your very eyes. While the ordinary tourists wait in line to simply view the arena as a whole, you can visit the partially reconstructed arena floor and take in a side of the Colosseum that only few have ever had access to – your tour group, and the gladiators of ancient Rome.
Arena and moreThe tour will begin with an introduction to the Colosseum’s magnificent facade, its ingenious design, and to those responsible for its construction. As you stand in the heart of Ancient Rome, you will learn about the spectacular Arch of Constantine that sits in front of the Palatine Hill, as well as the beautiful ruins of the Roman Forum — a picturesque backdrop for Rome’s most famous monument. You can visit both of these areas, along with the Colosseum, on our Ancient Rome Tour. Your tour guide will point out architectural details on the Colosseum and give surprising little-known facts as you make your way to the Gladiator’s Gate. With priority access and a dedicated entrance, you will skip the long ticket lines into the Colosseum as well as the lines at the group entrance. Just as the gladiators did centuries ago, you will walk through the Gladiator’s Gate and onto the Arena floor. Get your cameras ready as this is one of the best photo opportunities on your Colosseum tour! As you enjoy this unique view of the Colosseum, your guide will describe the many gladiatorial battles that took place in the arena and show you where the emperor and senators used to sit as they watched the bloody spectacles unfold. You will also be the envy of the thousands of tourists looking down on you from above. What’s more, you can peek over the railing for an up-close view of the underground tunnels and chambers that housed both the gladiators and the wild animals used in the shows. After enjoying this special access, the guided tour continues through the first and second levels of the Colosseum. Once the tour is finished, be sure to stop at the balcony for a breath-taking view of the surrounding ancient city!Read More..
- Entrance tickets & all fees & all fees
- Priority skip the line entrance
- Professional licenced tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel drop off/pick up
Know Before You Go
- The latest check-in is no later than 15 minutes before the tour start time
- The tour runs rain or shine! Refunds will not be provided for no-shows or late arrivals
- Skip-the-line and priority entrance refers to the ticket line only and not the security check line which everyone has to go through upon entering the Colosseum
- There may be additional security checks and some delays due to new security measures in operation
- Please be advised that the exact reservation times may vary slightly due to decisions made by the Colosseum administration office on or before the scheduled tour date. These last-minute changes are outside of our control but if the time will vary by 20 minutes either before or after your original tour time then we will contact you by email to inform you of this change.
- Entrance to the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum will be with the tour guide only, guests cannot leave the group and enter these areas alone as they will not have an individual ticket. For group reservations the Colosseum does not provide individual tickets but one group ticket which the guide will use for all three areas.
- The Palatine Hill and Roman Forum section of the tour runs at set times each day. It will not begin immediately after your Colosseum tour has finished as time is given for guests to explore the Colosseum for a while on their own. You will be informed of the exact time and meeting point for this part of the tour, it is usually, but not always, around 45 minutes after the end of your Colosseum tour.
- Only small bags will be allowed inside. Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols and liquids, even if less than 100ml (except for water)
- All children must be accompanied by an adult, children under 3 years of age are free
- Please bring valid photographic ID as you will be asked to show this at the Colosseum’s entrance
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Bring a bottle of water (especially in hot weather)
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible