Gladiator Entrance – Colosseum Arena, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill tour
Exclusive access to the Colosseum Arena floor with tour of the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
With our exclusive access, this guided tour of the Colosseum allows you to skip the line as you walk through the Gladiator’s Gate and directly onto the partially reconstructed Arena floor. After a little meet and greet with our guide at the meeting point, you will be on your way to the ancient times – this tour is going to make you feel like you have stepped back 2000 years in time!
- Special access to Colosseum Arena Floor
- Tour of Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Skip the Line access to all sites
- Professional licensed tour guide
Exclusive accessYou will follow in the footsteps of the gladiators as you enter the Colosseum through the Gladiator’s Gate, which is also known as the Gate of Death, through which the corpses of defeated gladiators, executed criminals, and unfortunate wild animals would be dragged. You will then walk directly onto the partially reconstructed Colosseum arena floor. As your guide describes the bloody scenes that took place on this stage, you can see what remains of the senator’s seat and the emperor’s imperial box, from where he would signal the fate of the awaiting gladiators. Before leaving the arena, take a peek over the wooden railing to the exposed underground chambers. During any given battle, there would be a frenzy of activity taking place below the arena floor. To the surprise of the crowd, and to the horror of the gladiators, trap doors would open and wild animals would be released onto the stage.
ColosseumAs the tour of the Colosseum continues, you will stroll through the spacious corridors with your guide and explore what remains of this impressive structure – you may even catch a glimpse of faded ancient graffiti! Your guide will describe what happened to the building after the fall of the Roman Empire and how, if not for the Church, it may not be standing at all. Once the tour has finished, you will be left with a new appreciation of the Colosseum and a deeper understanding of what it meant to both the Roman Empire and the Roman citizens.
Roman Forum and Palatine HillOnce the tour of the Colosseum is complete you will then have another wonderful tour of the ruins of the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum. Here you will see the remains of the imperial, civic and political life in Ancient Rome. Read More..
- Entrance tickets & all fees & all fees
- Priority skip the line entrance
- Professional licenced tour guide
- Hotel drop off/pick up
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- The latest check-in is no later than 15 minutes before the tour start time
- The tour runs rain or shine! Refunds will not be provided for no-shows or late arrivals
- Skip-the-line and priority entrance refers to the ticket line only and not the security check line which everyone has to go through upon entering the Colosseum
- There may be additional security checks and some delays due to new security measures in operation
- Please be advised that the exact reservation times may vary slightly due to decisions made by the Colosseum administration office on or before the scheduled tour date. These last-minute changes are outside of our control but if the time will vary by 20 minutes either before or after your original tour time then we will contact you by email to inform you of this change.
- Entrance to the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum will be with the tour guide only, guests cannot leave the group and enter these areas alone as they will not have an individual ticket. For group reservations the Colosseum does not provide individual tickets but one group ticket which the guide will use for all three areas.
- The Palatine Hill and Roman Forum section of the tour runs at set times each day. It will not begin immediately after your Colosseum tour has finished as time is given for guests to explore the Colosseum for a while on their own. You will be informed of the exact time and meeting point for this part of the tour, it is usually, but not always, around 45 minutes after the end of your Colosseum tour.
- Only small bags will be allowed inside. Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols and liquids, even if less than 100ml (except for water)
- All children must be accompanied by an adult, children under 3 years of age are free
- Please bring valid photographic ID as you will be asked to show this at the Colosseum’s entrance
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Bring a bottle of water (especially in hot weather)
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible